Friday, April 14, 2006

The Great Strokes / Franz Ferdinand War

I think that Franz Ferdinand won the war for the megaphonic, dirty, riffy sound. The Strokes have come back with a keen new song, which is not bad, but after I hear it I find myself singing "Oh Mandy" by Manilow himself. The Strokes, they play dirty, I tell you.....DIRTY! They've unleashed some heavy psychological warfare to get into our heads and win the battle.

Manilow invented the stupid, catchy melodies that were designed to kill us all. (MWMM) Manilow's Weapons of Mass Mediocrity was a big thing in the 70's. He's an evil wizard, I tell you! And for those Strokes to evoke the specter of Manilow, well, that's just dirty.

I've stayed out of this war in the past and will continue to do so in the future, but I had to stand up and say something here. Leave Manilow's evil...mind fucking tools alone! It's getting all terrorist...turn your heads to them...TURN YOUR HEADS!! Look away...

myspace.com/eevil_ink_design

No comments: